June Fastrack Out

I thought the Stratus weight was way off. So it should be the 2.5L V6 Stratus in ITA at 3000 lbs? That's not a bad engine (Mitsubishi). Not as good as the 3.0L V6 (which I think was about 200 hp) I had in my '02 Stratus coupe, but it could be an interesting build. Hey, maybe that's what happened when they classified the Daytona. They thought it was a V6!!

Bob Clifton
#05 ITB Dodge Daytona (with a broken engine from Pocono):(

The 2.5 Stratus was only available as an automatic. The only Manual trans equipt Stratus 95-99 was the 2.0 SOHC
 
The 2.5 Stratus was only available as an automatic. The only Manual trans equipt Stratus 95-99 was the 2.0 SOHC

There's a possibility that the ITAC - in an effort to be more customer friendly? - hasn't been particularly strict about requiring complete vehicle technical specs before making classifications... :p

K
 
I see 3 SPU Rx-8's registered for the Homestead ECR this weekend. Testing the water for ITR perhaps? Could be a great race.

Grafton
 
Looking at joshes previous response.

Who said they could get the MR2 down to the ITA weight (legally)?

Not to argue against them.. I would like there secret, without cutting into one of the many bulk heads on the car.
 
Looking at joshes previous response.

Who said they could get the MR2 down to the ITA weight (legally)?

Not to argue against them.. I would like there secret, without cutting into one of the many bulk heads on the car.

When the move came out in Fastrack I did an informal poll of our MARRS ITA drivers as to their current weights, I got responses of:
  • 2290 w/155 lb driver
  • 2360 w/150 lb driver (windows still in)
  • 2350 w/210 lb driver
The secret - a really light driver?
 
Looking at joshes previous response.

Who said they could get the MR2 down to the ITA weight (legally)?

Not to argue against them.. I would like there secret, without cutting into one of the many bulk heads on the car.

Have you taken out the fuel tank and the surrounding shielding and insulation? i'm told there's quite a bit of weight there. And do you have your rear glass in? That's a bit heavy as well,
 
Back
Top